Website Comment Policy
Thank you for participating in the democratic debate on the Star website.
All contributors should observe the following rules.
1. Gratuitous personal abuse is unacceptable. Contributors should show each other mutual respect.
2. Vigorous personal criticism remains acceptable so long as it is justified by facts, arguments or discussion of the key issues.
3. Defamatory statements that could lead to libel suits will have to be removed.
4. Copying and pasting comments from other sites is not allowed. Comments on the Star website should all be original and should refer to the article under discussion.
5. If contributors do not follow these guidelines, the Website Administrator may delete the offending comment, or edit it to make it acceptable.