Luanda police are investigating circumstances under which three bodaboda operators were killed and their bodies dumped in separate places within Luanda and Emuhaya constituencies on Thursday morning.
Security agents picked up the two bodies at M’makhondo area and another near Itumbu Primary within Emuhaya constituency, the bodies had wounds resulting from blunt object attacks., the police said.
The affected families from Mungoye in Emuhaya, Esihututo and Ebusiralo have confirmed that those who died are their relatives.
The bodies of the three were taken to Maseno Coptic Hospital and Vihiga Referral Hospital morgues respectively.
In Esihututo the family of one of the deceased boda boda rider Joseph Achinga asked the security personnel to conduct a speedy probe into the killing to ensure justice is served to affected families.
“Our children will continue to die at the hands of these bloodthirsty criminals if the police fail to restore sanity and order!” Joyce Anyango, mother to the deceased said.
“It is usual for my son to pick me up from Luanda town so when we met Wednesday night he requested to go and fuel his motorbike before ferrying me back home at around 8 pm.
“It dawned on me that something had gone wrong when a few minutes' wait prolonged into midnight forcing me to sleep in the cold at Luanda town,” she added.
The mother who sells groceries in Luanda town would wake up in the morning to news that three boda boda operators had been killed and to her shock, her son was one of the victims.
Boda boda riders led by David Mukuna of Wasafi Classic Stage condemned the incident saying families are losing their breadwinners under unclear circumstances.
“Police should help us bring to book perpetrators of crime. Joseph Achinga was the secretary of our stage and it's hurting to lose him in this manner,” Mukuna said.
This incident happened a day after the burial of a community policing officer who was murdered in Ebumbea village in mid-December last year.
The criminals are still on the run as security officers continue to pursue them.
Luanda OCPD Simon Ng'ang'a speaking to the Star via phone said they are still investigating the incidents.
"We are still investigating the incidents but we won't let those criminals go scot-free," Ng'ang'a said.